Congratulations! You have made the right choice. Granite, Marble or Quartz surfaces will enhance the value of your home. It is an expense that pays for itself time and time again with being able to withstand daily activity in all the rooms of your home.
Natural stone is the most durable and functional hard surface available but like carpet, wood and even synthetic surfaces, proper care is required to maintain its’ maximum beauty.
After new stone is installed, permanent damage often occurs from neglect, incorrect cleaning methods, and using chemicals that are not formulated for stone care. Using ordinary household cleaners just won’t do! They are too harsh and may damage the surface. Rockstella Stonery specialists will advise you the best cleaner for the material of your choice. The following general rules are common for all stone surfaces:
- Blot up spills immediately, before they penetrate the granite surface.
- Wipe down the granite countertop daily and as needed using Rockstella Stonery Cleaner.
- Never use abrasive cleaners, bleach or ammonia.
- Use trivets or mats under hot dishes and cookware.
- Make sure the granite is sealed periodically. Call us when water splashed on the surface no longer beads up. We will re-seal your countertop to avoid permanent stains.
- Check with the installer for recommendations.